Friday 13 March 2015

What a day!

Another amazing day for feedback...

My Author Interview with BollyDophie gets published and then she writes the most amazing Review for HYBRID!

I admit that tears sprang to my eyes.

My husband is always telling me that I should not care about what people think, but I do. It does affect me and it's such a great feeling to be acknowledged for something other than being my children's mum, wife, or general dogsbody!

I have been adamant to not give up on my trilogy, to keep plodding away (even when I should be writing), and finally it is paying off.

I read a tweet today by someone who said they had finished three books after 7 years, coming in at just over 150,000 words! Well, my trilogy and prequel amount to just under 350,000 words. Written over a period of about 2-3 years!

I think I have a lot to be proud of.

I gave up my teaching career to look after my kids and now I have to ration my time between my kids, housekeeping, tutoring (I still teach mathematics at home), a part-time lunchtime job, and volunteering at school and the local FOODBANK. Becoming a writer is the icing on the cake!

I LOVE IT and hope you all can see what motivates me and enjoy what I write.

In life, we all have to find something to keep us going, to make us have that space we call our own. I am so grateful I decided to unleash my thoughts in novel writing and thank Stephenie Meyer for her inspirational words back in 2010 on the DVD I watched!

I am blessed and lucky indeed.

Thank you to all,
Vanessa :)


No comments:

Post a Comment